Open Demat Account with Kotak securities
Kotak securities offers three-in-one account which allows investor to open demat, trading as well as a bank account together with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited. One can open those account independently or at the same time under one umbrella with a single application form. Using 3 in 1 account client won’t have to manually transfer money to trading account from the bank account. The required funds get credited automatically. So it’s easy to manage. Once your account open you can trade in Equity, IPO, Mutual Fund, ETF, Tax free bonds, Currency Derivatives, Gold ETF etc.
1. Fill online Contact Us form on Kotak Securities web site. Enter your name, phone number, email address, city and submit the form. Once the form submitted, one of Kotak securities representative will contact you.
2. Download the forms from their website, fill in the required details, and submit it to their registered office.
Kotak Securities’s Trading Platforms:
- Website Based Trading – A stock treading website which can be accessed though any popular Web Browser. This is the most convenient and popular way to invest with Kotak Securities. Kotak also offers a light weight trading website ‘Xtralite’, which can be used by investors with slow speed internet.
- Trading Terminals (KEATProX and FASTLANE) – Kotak offers two different trading terminal based application which are very popular among stock traders. KEATProX is an exe based installable desktop application providing fastest trading experience. FASTLANE is a Java applet based application which gives you a trading terminal kind of experience without any installation on your computer. FASTLANE gives KEATProX like features and the benefits of website based trading as it can be access from anywhere though web browser.
- Mobile Stock Trading – Kotak offers high speed mobile based application to trade in Stock Market. Through this mobile app, a customer can Execute Trades, Monitor Portfolio, View Streaming Quotes and Intraday Charts.
- Branch Advisory and Call & Trade – Kotak also offers trading facility though its 1400+ branches and though call centers using call & trade facility.
- AutoInvest:- AutoInvest is a unique Online Trading Account which provide investment planning in Gold ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), Equities and Mutual Funds to their customers. Gold ETFs are mutual fund schemes that will invest the money collected from their investors in standard gold bullion.Kotak’s advisor gives the recommendation according to investor’s risk capability and investment plans. Minimum investment of Rs 5000 required for AutoInvest account.
- Kotak Gateway:- Kotak Gateway account opens the gateway to a world of investing opportunities for beginners. Kotak Gateway user can trade anywhere, anytime using internet. Kotak also offers call and trade facility. Investor can also trade Currency Derivative using Kotal gateway account.Kotak Securities provide SMS alert, research report, free news and market updates to the account holders. Best feature of Kotak gateway is call and trade facility. Anybody can activate Kotak Gateway account with any amount between Rs 20,000 to 5, 00,000. This can be in form of cash deposit or the value of the shares you buy. Brokerage will be charged based on the account type. For intraday trading brokerage is .06% both sides for less then 25 lakhs and .023% for more then 25 crores.
- Kotak Privilege Circle:- Kotak Privilege Circle is the premium investment account offed by Kotak Securities. Along with Kotak Gateway account benefits Kotak provides independent market expertise and support through a dedicated relationship manager and a dedicated customer service desk which provides assistance in opening accounts, handling day-to-day problems, and more. They provides KEAT premium which is an exclusive online tool that lets you monitor what is happening in the market and view your gains and losses in real-time.One can activate Kotak Privilege Circle account with any amount more than Rs. 10,00,000 as margin, by way of cash or stock. For intraday trading brokerage is .06% both sides for less then 25 lakhs and .03% for more then 25 crores.
- Kotak Freedom- for Mutual Fund Investments.
- Kotak Super Saver- a Flat Brokerage and a Low Margin account.
- PMS (Portfolio Management Service)- an account for people who need an expert to help to manage their investments.
- NRI Account- a online trading an investment account for NRI investors.
- Trinity Account [3-in-1 Account]- Trinity Account is an integrated account that helps investors enjoy the benefits of a Online Trading Account, Bank Account, Demat Account on a single platform for your securities transaction. This account gives convenience of fund transfer and online trading.
Kotak Securities Brokerage Charges :
1. Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 750
2. Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): Rs 0
3. Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 0
4. Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 600 per annum
1. Fixed Brokerage Plan
Kotak Securities Fixed Brokerage plan is specifically created to the suit the needs of newbies or infrequent traders.
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Cash Delivery||0.49%|
|Equity Cash Intraday||0.049%|
|Equity Futures (Both Sides)||0.049%|
|Equity Options||₹300 Per Lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||4 paise for delivery and 3 paise for Intraday and Futures orders|
Dynamic Brokerage Plan
Kotak Securities Dynamic Brokerage Plan is specifically created for those Customer who are frequent traders and looking for a good bargain on their brokerage rates.
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Cash Delivery||0.59% to 0.30% (For trading amount of ‘< 1 lakh’ to ‘> 50 lakhs’)|
|Equity Cash Intraday||0.06% to 0.05% both sides (For trading amount of ‘< 25 lakhs’ to ‘> 25 lakhs’)|
|Equity Futures Intraday||0.07% to 0.05% both sides (For trading amount of ‘< 2 crores’ to ‘> 2 crores’)|
|Equity Futures Settlement||0.09% to 0.073% both sides (For trading amount of ‘< 2 crores’ to ‘> 2 crores’)|
|Equity Options Intraday||2.5% to 1.8% both sides (For premium of ‘< 4 lakhs’ to ‘> 11 lakhs’)|
|Equity Options Settlement||2.5% to 2.3% both sides (For premium of ‘< 4 lakhs’ to ‘> 11 lakhs’)|
|Options Minimum (Settlement)||₹300 to ₹180 both sides (For premium of ‘< 4 lakhs’ to ‘> 11 lakhs’)|
|Currency Futures||0.04% or ₹20 per lot, whichever is higher to 0.015% or ₹7.5 per lot, whichever is higher (For monthly volume of ‘< 3 Cr’ to ‘> 30 Cr’)|
|Currency Options||₹20 per lot to ₹7.5 per lot (For monthly volume of ‘< 3 Cr’ to ‘> 30 Cr’)|
3. Free Intraday Trading (FIT) (₹999 Plan or Unlimited Trading Plan)
Kotak Securities Free Intraday Trading (FIT) offers free unlimited intra-day equity tradingacross segments like Equity Cash, Equity Futures & Equity Options for a yearly fee of ₹999. This unlimited trading plan is available for Equity Intraday Trades only. Note that Equity Delivery, Currency and Commodity trading are not covered in this plan.
Rs 999 Plan Key Facts:
1. Free trading is only available in Equity (Cash and F&O) Intraday segment.
2. Customers still have to pay regular brokerage for Equity Delivery, Commodity, and Currency trading. Note that Kotak Securities regular brokerage is extremely high in comparison to discount brokers like Zerodha or ProStocks.
3. This price plan only available for online trading. Call & Trade or using trading desk or trade though dealers are not an option in this plan.
4. The price of this plan is ₹999 per year paid up front.
5. Customers will have to provide margins as per the agreement with Kotak Securities. Unlike most brokers, Kotak doesn’t provide high margins.
6. FIT cannot be used by ODIN Diet clients. The mobile trading app, TradeSmart terminal, and website based trading are available under this plan.
7. In case you rollover your position beyond the day, the trade gets converted into a delivery trade, in which case, the brokerage will be charged. This could cost a trader lot money.
Kotak Securities Minimum Brokerage:
- Cash Delivery: 4 paise per share, OR ₹21 per executed order, whichever is higher
- Intraday: 4 paise per share, OR ₹21 per executed order, whichever is higher
- Equity Futures: 4 paise per share subject to ceiling of 2.5% of contract value
Kotak Securities Advantages
1. Kotak Securities website provides wide range of investment options. This includes investment in equity, IPO’s, Bonds, FD’s, ETF’s, Mutual Funds, Currency Derivatives etc.
2. Along with the online trading facility, customer gets access to 1400+ branches for help on investment and issue resolution.
3. Kotak Securities provide daily SMS alerts, market pointers, periodical research reports, stock recommendations etc. to help the customers.
4. Online Chat facility is available to support customer.
5. Kotak security offers easy integration of trading account with Citibank, HDFC Bank, UTI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank.